Meet Our Directors
- Angela Conerly, Executive Director
Angela Conerly received her Bachelors of Arts and Masters of Teaching from the University of Virginia. While teaching for Fairfax County Public Schools, she received the “Outstanding New Biology Teacher” award, an honor given to just one teacher in the nation each year. Teaching and tutoring in northern Virginia since 1996, Angela’s experience in education and knowledge of learning styles is extensive. Her commitment to the advancement of education can also be seen outside the classroom, where she has served as a consultant for several non-profit education organizations.
- Debbie Walsh, Office Director
- Debbie Walsh received her Bachelor of Arts in Middle Grades Education from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where she received the Outstanding Student Teacher in Middle School Science award for the state of North Carolina. She taught for ten years in North Carolina, Florida, and Texas before moving to Virginia. Debbie has been both an SAT teacher and individual tutor with Mindworks for many years. As Office Director, Debbie answers general questions, assists in the registration and scheduling for our courses, and is available to assist you in any way necessary. Contact Debbie
- Wendy Spicer, Individual Tutoring Program Director
Wendy began tutoring with Mindworks several years ago and enjoyed it so much that she decided to make it a full-time commitment. Prior to joining the Mindworks team, she taught high school biology and chemistry for eight years. In addition, she coached field hockey, soccer, ice hockey, basketball, and softball at the high school level. She hails from New England and attended Colby College in Maine for her Bachelor's degree. As the Individual Tutoring Program Director, Wendy works tirelessly to create and support wonderful matches between students and teachers because she knows that a great tutoring connection can make a tremendous impact on the learning process.
- Mary Knight, SAT/ACT Program Director
Mary Knight received her Bachelor of Science in Biology from Mary Washington College and Masters in Education from George Mason University. She earned her National Board Certification in 2006. Mary has been in the field of education since 1996. She taught biology and AP environmental science for 18 years at Yorktown High School in Arlington County, along with coaching track and soccer for several years. Mary now works full time for Mindworks as the SAT / ACT Program Director and as an individual tutor and SAT / ACT teacher. Mary would love to answer any questions you might have about our test prep program, including questions about content versus strategy, our recommended testing timeline and exceptions that come up in that timeline, as well as questions about our essay class.